Nesco 6 Quart Stainless Steel Roaster Oven with Porcelain Cookwell
Most versatile appliance ever made! This is one of the original Nescos®, just like the one that Grandma had! Roasts, bakes, cooks, steams, slow cooks, and serves all in one. Traditional oval shape with durable porcelain enamel finish is portable and convenient. Perfect for a batch of chili or soup, a chicken, pot roast, or cornish game hens.Features
- Unique "Circle of Heat™" heating element for moist, even cooking
- Full 6-Quart capacity serves up to 6 people
- Removable chrome rack for better baking and fat-free roasting
- Adjustable temperature control (175º-425ºF)
- Large enough to hold a chicken, pot roast, or turkey breast
- 750 watts, 120 Volts
Why Use A Roaster Oven?
- A roaster can be used for doing all cooking and baking functions and it is easier to clean than your conventional oven.
- It can be a moveable main cooking appliance at some times and a valued supplementary appliance at other times.
- Use it on hot days instead of your large oven to keep your kitchen cooler.
- Roasters slow cook just like a slow cooker, but do so much more. Roasters have better construction than slow cookers. Roasters have better thermostats than a slow cooker to accommodate the higher temperatures required for roasting and baking.
- The removable cook wells of roasters can be stored in the refrigerator and washed in the dishwasher.
- Roaster ovens support the current trend of comfort foods, saving money on cheaper cuts of meat, preparing soups, stew, chili and casseroles at home for the family. There is increased interest in eating family meals together and eating healthier. Our aging population is also interested in creating healthier meals.
- Rectangular shape and squared off corners make it roomy enough for baking and for all of your favorite recipes.
- Use these everyday roaster ovens to keep foods such as baked beans, German potato salad, vegetables, appetizers and dips at serving temperature.
- The handy rack can be covered with aluminum foil and can be used as a mini baking sheet.
About Nesco Roasters
Since 1932 the Nesco brand name has been synonymous with Roaster Ovens. With a Nesco Roaster Oven you can roast, bake, cook, steam, slow cook and serve. Other than broiling, the Nesco Roaster Oven can do anything a normal oven can do but better and with less energy usage and less heat generated in the kitchen.
The Roaster Oven is portable so you can make great tasting meals wherever you go. The exclusive "Circle of Heat" heating element wraps around for moist, even cooking. The automatic temperature control maintains even cooking temperatures from 175 degrees to 450 degrees.
Curing the Roaster before Use
Before Using the Roaster
Unpack your NESCO Roaster Oven completely REMOVING ALL PACKAGING MATERIAL AND INFORMATION LABELS.
Remove Lid (cover), Rack, and Cookwell, (from heatwell) wash them and set aside.
Place Roaster Oven (Heatwell only) in a well-ventilated area. Make sure temperature knob is set at the lowest possible setting/off.
Plug in Heatwell cord to a 120 volt AC outlet. Turn temperature knob to maximum setting and cure Roaster Oven empty for 60 minutes (or longer) until any odor or wisps of smoke disappear. Some smoke and odor are a normal part of "curing" the element and will not reoccur in cooking use. When curing is completed, turn temperature control to lowest setting/off, unplug unit from outlet and allow cooling. After your unit has cooled, put Cookwell, Lid, and Rack back in and it is ready to use.
Do not cook food without Cookwell in place.
SKU 00352969 model no 4816-25PRG product dimensions 14.9 x 8.6 x 15 shipping weight 10 lbs brand Nesco color No material stainless steel MFG: product manual No MFG: warranty No MFG: specs No
ratings & reviews