Kitchen Collection Set of 2 Bamboo Cutting Boards
Bamboo is one of the fastest growing plants in the world, making it an Earth-friendly, renewable resource. It is extremely durable and harder than maple. Includes 10" X 14" and 8" X 11" boards.
Use and Care:
- After each use, hand wash and dry completely.
- Occasionally treat your bamboo cutting board with mineral oil. Mineral oil absorbs into the pores of the bamboo, helping to make it more moisture repellent. Pour mineral oil on a dry cleaning cloth and rub in a circular motion until you coat the entire cutting board, including the end and side surfaces.
- Bamboo boards get nicks and scratches through regular use, which can harbor bacteria. Sanitize your board with a solution of 1 tbsp. of white distilled vinegar with 1/3 cup of warm water in a spray bottle. Mist the entire surface, including the ends and sides, with sanitizing solution. Let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes.
Tips & Warnings
- Always allow your bamboo cutting board to sit for at least 24 hours after applying mineral oil. This allows the oil to seep deep into the pores of the bamboo, offering further protection from moisture.
- Consider using multiple cutting boards. In order to prevent cross-contamination, consider using one bamboo cutting board for vegetables and fruits, and a different one for meats, poultry and fish.
- Never allow moisture to sit on the surface of the cutting board. Though bamboo is less porous than traditional wood cutting boards, moisture does seep in. Prolonged contact with moisture damages the bamboo by causing it to swell and become soft.
SKU 01062138 model no 04914 product dimensions 14 x 10 x 1.25 shipping weight 4 lbs brand Kitchen Collection color No material bamboo MFG: product manual N/A MFG: warranty n/a MFG: specs n/a
ratings & reviews